I finished my school education and the University School of Medicine in Budapest.
1) After receiving the degree of Medical Doctor I worked as Postdoctoral Scientist in Department of Biological Research of Gedeon Richter Ltd, Budapest. 2) During one year I was working as a MedicalPractitioner in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Hospital, Baden and in the Department of Surgery, University Hospital, Basel.Eva Kovacs, MD
3) After that I went into research. In the next years I worked as a Research Assistant in the Biochemical Laboratory, Pentapharm AG, Aesch, (Area of Research: Biochemical investigations with snake poison) and in the Department of the Endocrinology, SANDOZ AG, Basel. Area of Research: Pharmacological studies “Substances with inhibitory effect on Prolactin production.
4) The animal experiments demoralised and disappointed me more and more. Therefore I left the industry in 1982 and went on to the Experimental-Clinical Research. I worked as a Research Assistant in the next four years in the Department of Genetics, Centre of Research and Development, Basel and in the Department of Cell Biology, Biozentrum, Basel. Topic: „Tumour diseases in the family: Genetic aspects.”
5) Between 1986 and 1990 I was active as Scientist in the Department of Haematology, Centre of Research and Development, Basel. Topic and projects: “DNA repair mechanisms in tumour patients.”
6) Between 1990 and 1995 I served as an Assistant Professor in Medical School, University Basel: Teaching and Research activity. Topic: Immunology of Endometrium.
7) Between 1996 and 2008 I worked as a Scientist and served as Head of the Immunology Laboratory, Society of Cancer Research, Arlesheim. Topic: Cytokine Research (basic and clinical research projects).
I'm reviewer of several international scientific journals.